After scoring highly in competitions throughout the school year, students involved with the Palmer Ridge High School DECA chapter competed one last time in April to close out the competition season, this time at the international level.
Eight students traveled to Atlanta, home to the 2022 international conference and competition, with the goal of representing Lewis-Palmer School District 38, PRHS and DECA on the big stage. Following a series of competitions, multiple students placed among the top students across the globe.
- James Baumert ranked among the top 20 scores globally in Sports and Entertainment Marketing.
- Riley Marr ranked among the top 18 scores in the world in Principles of Finance
- Grace Carlander notched the top roleplay score in preliminaries in Human Resources Management
Other students who participated in the trip and competition included:
- John Clawson – DECA District 12 State Representative and Voting Delegate
- Ava Connley – Entrepreneurship
- Mackenzie Culver – Apparel and Accessories Marketing
- Jillian Gallagher – Hospitality and Tourism Team Decision Making
- Jordan Kolhouse – Hospitality and Tourism Team Decision Making
“This competition included approximately 20,000 DECA members, advisors, and chaperones from across the globe,” said Courtney Bushnell, DECA adviser. “This is an amazing accomplishment for these students that are top in their events at the state level.”