New school record-holders emerged out of the latest Colorado 5A Swim and Dive State Championship on Wednesday, Feb. 15 as the Lewis-Palmer High School women’s team finished 10th out of 31 total teams.
Seniors Ashley Griffith and Dahlia Allen finished with top-10 marks, with Allen earning second overall in diving and Griffith earning seventh overall in diving.
Sydney McKenzie and Abi Perry each also set new school records as a total of nine athletes finished in the top 20 in a host of events.
To see all athletes and their accomplishments, read on for the list below:
Top-20 Finishes in Championship Events:
- Dahlia Allen (12), 2nd in diving
- Abi Perry (9), 2nd in 200 free
- Sydney McKenzie (12), 2nd in 100 breast
- Abi Perry (9), 3rd in 500 free
- Ashley Griffith (12), 7th in diving
- Sydney McKenzie (12), 12th in 200 IM
- Nicola Ferrante (9), Isabel Mohler (11), Sydney McKenzie (12), Abi Perry (9), 16th in 200 Medley Relay
- Erin Byrnes (10), 19th in diving
- Lilly Pike (11), Lydia Wright (12), Nicola Ferrante (9), Abi Perry (9), 19th in 400 Free Relay
School Records Set:
- Sydney McKenzie (12), 100 breast: 1:02.02
- Abi Perry (9), 200 free: 1:50.98
- Abi Perry (9), 500 free: 5:01.73
Photo credit for the featured photo accompanying this article belongs to Skrastins Photography.